Friday, December 25, 2020

I Dream...

 

I dream….

Of always having perfectly manicured nails,

A daily facial and makeup routine,

More than two ways to do my hair.

I dream….

Of a home where everything has a spot,

Nothing accumulates,

All comfy and cozy and warm and safe.

I dream….

Of everything going as planned,

Not having to put out fire after fire,

Because all the preventative things were done on time.

I dream….

          Of feeling healthy and powerful,

          Not afraid that every little ache and pain,

          Is something more serious.

I dream….

          Of a month where I don’t have to worry about money,

          Or paying the bills,

          Able to do the work I love.

I dream….

          Of seeing a woman who exudes confidence and success,

          When I look at the mirror.

I dream….

          Of having a surplus of time and energy,

          To do nice things for my friends,

          And to help those who are struggling.

I dream….

          Of a neat, ordered life where nothing is out of place,

          Where I can give more than I take,

And my mind is finally at peace.

4 comments:

Didi Crawford said...

Wow, this is such a touching poem. You've managed to encapsulate some very real and relatable feelings. Thank you fro sharing!

Erin Westphal said...

Thank you! Your kind words mean so much to me!

Retirestyle Travel said...

It's good to have dreams to get through the tough times

Erin Westphal said...

Yes, it is! Now to master The Grind to reach those dreams.