Sunday, March 29, 2015

Making Time to Organize

Life is insane.  I’m running around like a hamster on a wheel, trying to keep up with everything that needs to get done, all while feeling I have gotten nothing accomplished.  I feel like I get no reprieve, no rest from the various things that must get done in my life.  I’m so busy trying to get on top of the various backlogs that things that should be simple decisions, from what to-do to tackle to what I’m having for dinner, turn me into a confused mess and returning to bad habits.

I am still binge watching Mission: Impossible to quiet my mind, and I had an epiphany:  it took a lot of planning to execute the complicated missions successfully.  That planning allowed their minds to be calm and rehearsed, no matter what complications were thrown at them.  Yes, I know, fictional television series, but it still took a lot of planning from script writers to set designers to technical light and sound and camera crews to makeup stylists to film editors to make each episode happen. 


Planning is exactly what I am not doing.  I need to figure out a way to plan my days and weeks so that I am not wasting my limited energy and resources.  I have no idea what will work, what will ease my mind, but the process of finding that answer is just as important to my quest as logging the miles or learning German.  So one night this week I am going to go out for a nice dinner, bring my notebook with me, and see what I can do to make life a little more organized and planned.

No comments: